Our centre is open and committed to ensuring our community can shop safely.
We are monitoring the situation closely to ensure we are adhering to government and relevant health authority’s advice and doing what’s best for you, our customers. For additional information please visit: www.health.nsw.gov.au/
In the interest of health and safety for yourself and others, social distancing should be adhered to when you are in shopping centres.
We’ve taken some extra steps within our centre to ensure it is a safe place for you, including;
- Additional cleaning in high traffic areas, bathrooms and frequently touched surfaces
- Installation of hand sanitiser stations within areas such as entrances, food courts and bathrooms
- Implementing store capacity signage and social distancing floor markers throughout the centre
- Communication of hygiene messages to shoppers to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus
- The closure of kids play areas in centres
- Additional security for the safety of our customers and retailer
- Asking customers and staff to refrain from visiting our centre if they are showing symptoms or have been exposed to anyone with the virus
- We have also deferred events and activities that could attract a crowd or groups of people/shoppers
We'll continue to work together with our retailers to monitor the situation and keep you updated about how we are responding to Coronavirus through our social channels, email and website so that you can continue to safely access essential products and services.
We thank you for your support at this time.
REVISED TRADING HOURS 10AM - 5PM, 7 DAYS A WEEK
Revised trading hours are now in place at Charlestown Square.
Supermarkets, fresh food and other stores and services may trade outside of these times.
Please check with individual stores for their operating hours. Currently open stores can be found here
IMPORTANT CENTRE UPDATE
29 March 2020
Please be advised that Charlestown Square centre management has received notification from City Beach that a staff member has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).
City Beach management have informed us that the affected individual was present at the store between March 22 and 24. As a result, they have notified all staff members who have been in close contact with the individual to self-isolate for 14 days.
Contact has been made with The Australian Government Department of Health and NSW Health. We have been informed by City Beach that the store will be closed for a period of 2 – 4 weeks and a comprehensive deep clean of the tenancy will be undertaken. A date for re-opening is yet to be determined.
Centre Management continues to monitor the situation, and will work with the relevant health authorities and governing bodies to follow all advice and guidance issued with regards to COVID-19.
The Charlestown Square team will also continue with precautionary hygiene measures already implemented, including heightened cleaning regimes. Details on how centre management is responding to the current situation can be viewed above.
If you have a question related to COVID-19 please call the National Corona Virus Helpline 1800 020 080 or visit www.healthdirect.gov.au for detailed information.
The comfort and safety of shoppers, tenants, staff and contractors at Charlestown Square remains the utmost priority at all times.